What makes history a difficult optional subject? It’s the humongous syllabus and the sheer number of sources that you need to refer to cover the syllabus. It is a complete waste of your time, money, and hard work. What you need is smart work, that is, getting high learning outcome for the amount of time, money, and effort you’re putting in.
Here’s where IAS EXPRESS comes to your rescue. As it is our mission to provide a one-stop learning platform for UPSC/PCS preparation, we have started this course that will give you in-depth but easy-to-learn/revise modules on the topics of the history (optional) syllabus in the format of mind maps. We’re making the mindmaps according to previous years’ questions, and we have been referring multiple standard sources so that you don’t have to refer anywhere else. It will save you a lot of your precious time from researching and making notes yourself. Also, we are adding maps and images wherever necessary.
- The syllabus will be completed in 3-4 months and we’re uploading weekly 5-6 topics.
- After opening the free samples, don’t forget to provide your feedback (positive/negative) in the comments section as your feedback is necessary to make this an aspirant-friendly course.
- Apart from history optional, you can also solve any difficult questions asked in GS prelims and mains (history portion). Even if your optional is not history, reading this course is very easy as we’ve decoded complex paragraphs into mindmap format and you’ll grasp all the info really fast.
- This course is not only for UPSC/State PSC aspirants, but can also be used by UG/PG students and general readers.
Referred Sources: Standard sources like NCERT, Ignou, Upinder Singh, R.S.Sharma, Romila Thapar, Satish Chandra, etc + Internet. Referred sources are mentioned separately in each module.
All the very best!
Hello aspirants! Important points to note:
1. The syllabus has not been completed yet. But we’re uploading weekly 5-6 topics.
2. All content can be accessed via our website/app only.
3. Please provide your feedback after reading the samples because it’ll be hard to modify the content after the syllabus completion.
Excellent material. As I’ve gone through at least 2 standard books and 2 standard materials (of leading history faculties) for History optional I can safely say that this looks self-sufficient to learn, revise and retain. A big Thanks to the entire team, you’re innovative and about to bring a revolution in this field. Advance congratulations on that. Have seen many faulty mind maps, but yours are well researched and error-free. Definitely going to recommend this platform to other aspirants. While writing the review I felt that it was going to sound promotional but still I continued to do so because… Read more »
Thanks for the purchase and for taking the time to provide such a nice review. Good luck with prep!
Content is really nice but addition of new notes is kinda slow
Instead of uploading daily, we’re uploading all topics in a section (ex-Guptas) at once every week. Thanks for the feedback.
Can we get some idea about the approximate time this course is going to take…that would be great! And a big thanks to the team for this course.
Hi. We’re trying to upload around 5 topics weekly. So the syllabus may be completed in 4-5 months.
Can we say before mains 2023?
Yes, we are trying our best to complete the syllabus as soon as possible. As each topic is very lengthy, it takes more time to make comprehensive mindmaps. As you can see, making mindmap is way more difficult than making text based notes as available in the market (which are mostly copy-pasted from books). But we are trying to give you a value-added content, that is, decoding each and every paragraph into easy-to-grasp mindmap nodes. That’s why it’ll take some more time. I hope you’d understand and be patient. Thank you.