Last Minute Revision Notes for UPSC CSE Prelims 2021
In order to clear UPSC prelims, you need to first focus on the most probable topics in each subject and cover them comprehensively. But there is a problem of scattered resources and lack of time to make notes and organize everything yourself. So we have listed links to our notes on the most probable topics. As these notes are in mindmap/table-chart format, you can read/revise them very quickly.
If you have already completed the syllabus, you can also read these notes for the eleventh-hour revision. Some of these notes cannot easily be found across the internet or in one place.
It is not those who read everything become toppers, it is those who know what to read become toppers.
List of Most-Probable Topics (with Notes)
In the Current Affairs Newsbits Mindmaps:
- Give particular focus on following compilations
- Species (in Environment)
- Conservation areas (in Environment)
Agriculture (in Environment)
- Diseases (in National Issues)
- Space and other tech news (in Sci-tech)
- Economic terms (in compilations) | June 2018 – June 2020
- Indexes/reports (in Compilations)
- Schemes/welfare initiatives (in Compilations)
- Bills/Acts (in Compilations)
- Government organisations (in Compilations)
- International organisations, groupings and agreements (in compilations) | Static Compilations
- GI tags (in Compilations)
- Defence – Missiles, Military exercises, ships (in Compilations)
- Science and technology
In Indian Polity Mindmaps:
- Historical background [FREE]
- Constituent assembly
- Fundamental Rights
- Fundamental Duties
- Constitution amendment
- Central govt
- State govt
- Local govt
- Comparison between various posts/bodies with respect to Tenure, Appointment, and Removal
- 5 simple rules to remember the lapsing bills in Indian Parliament
- [Table] Types of majorities in Parliament
- Complete constitution amendments (important ones highlighted)
Refer public administration optional mindmap for topics constitutionalism, bureaucracy and democracy.
Refer political science optional mindmap for topics rights and ideologies
In Indian Culture Mindmaps:
- A quick reading of all chapters (all are important)
- [Table] Classical Dances in India – Compared
- [Table] Intangible cultural heritage
In Indian Economy Mindmaps:
- National income [FREE]
- Public Finance
- External Sector
International economic organisations
Indian economy stats (growth rate, trade volume with countries, etc) (coming soon)
In Environment Mindmaps:
- Protected areas (National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Biosphere reserves, etc.)
- India’s conservation measures (Environmental Legislations, authorities, organisations, etc.)
- International conservation measures (Important environmental organisations, agreements, etc.)
- Global Environmental Threats (Climate change, oil spills, coral bleach, pollution, etc.)
- Threatened species in India (Critically endangered, endangered and vulnerable species)
- Scheduled species of WPA 1972
In Ancient & Medieval Indian History Mindmaps:
Important historical terms
Port towns and capitals and which dynasty (coming soon)
Scholars and contemporary rulers (coming soon)
Event chronology (coming soon)
In Modern Indian History Mindmaps:
- Read all mindmaps at least once (all are important)
- Important personalities of modern India and their associations with various events, organisations, and publications.
In Geography Mindmaps:
Resources (especially minerals)
Crops and cropping pattern
Irrigation and irrigation systems
- Location factors
- World Geography – Important facts for prelims (world rivers & draining into which ocean, Countries & borders with which ocean, Forest types, etc.)
- Indian Geography – Important facts for Prelims (Indian rivers & goes through which protected area, glaciers, lakes, etc)
- These topics have been chosen by analyzing previous years’ question papers especially 2019 and 2020 questions.
- If you’ve completed all the above topics, then please go through all the other mindmaps here.
- You can use the memory palace technique to remember fact-based stuff such as indices/reports, rivers etc.
All the best!
Thank U Sir