- It is a committee to facilitate peace-making process among the different ethnic groups in Manipur.
- Violent clashes rocking the state since May 3rd, following a tribal solidarity march against the ST demand for Meitei community.
- The violence has claimed the lives of nearly 100 people and injured >300 people.
- It has displaced >35,000 people in the state.
Mandate of the committee:
- Facilitate peaceful dialogue and negotiations among the conflicting groups.
- Improve mutual understanding
- Strengthen social cohesiveness
- Constituted by the Central government.
- Headed by Anusuiya Uikey, Governor of Manipur
- Also includes:
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh
- Few Ministers of state government
- Leaders from different political parties
- Representatives of different ethnic groups
- Former civil servants
- Social workers
- Artists, etc.