- An initiative to promote yoga in the Indian Ocean region.
- Part of 9th International Yoga Day observation
- Observed on June 21st (date coincides with Northern Hemisphere’s Summer Solstice).
- Theme for 2023: “Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam”
- Concept of International Yoga Day proposed by India at the 69th UNGA Session in 2014.
- The 1st edition was observed in 2015.
- Naval and merchant vessels organized Common Yoga Protocol demonstrations at friendly countries’ ports and vessels.
- 19 Indian Navy ships have been involved in this undertaking.
- Initiative of AYUSH Ministry, Ministry of Defence and other ministries.
- Organized by the Indian Navy
- Ports of
- Chattogram, Bangladesh- by INS Kiltan
- Safaga, Egypt- by INS Chennai
- Jakarta, Indonesia- by INS Shivalik
- Mombasa, Kenya- by INS Sunayna
- Toamasina, Madagascar- by INS Trishul
- Muscat, Oman- by INS Tarkash
- Colombo, Sri Lanka- by INS Vagir
- Phuket, Thailand- by INS Sumitra
- Dubai, UAE- by INS Brahmaputra