- Bharatiya Bhasha Summit Inaugurated: The Bharatiya Bhasha Summit has been officially inaugurated with a proposal to celebrate the birthday of Mahakavi Chinnaswami Subramania Bharati as Bharatiya Bhasha Divas on 11th December.
This topic of “Bharatiya Bhasha Summit” is important from the perspective of the UPSC IAS Examination, which falls under General Studies Portion.
What is the Bharatiya Bhasha Summit?
- Technology and Bharatiya Bhasha Summit: This summit is an integral part of the Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav, which commenced on 28th September 2023 and will culminate on 11th December 2023, featuring various events in schools and higher education institutions.
- 2-Day Conference: The summit consists of a two-day conference dedicated to exploring the use of technology in Indian languages education and creating a robust Bharatiya language ecosystem.
- Alignment with National Education Policy (NEP) 2020: The summit’s focus on technology and Indian languages in education is in sync with the National Education Policy of 2020, which emphasizes the importance of technology in education and the preservation of Indian languages.
How the Summit Operates
- The summit encompasses three central topics:
- Technology for Indian Languages: Discussing the development and use of technology to facilitate learning and preservation of Indian languages.
- Technology in Indian Languages: Exploring how technology can be integrated into Indian language education.
- Technology through Indian Languages: Examining how Indian languages can serve as vehicles for technology advancement.
- Attendees: Over 1,000 participants from diverse backgrounds including academics, researchers, edu-tech companies, start-ups, and policy makers are actively engaged in the summit.
- Organized by Union Ministries: The Bharatiya Bhasha Summit is organized by the Union Ministries of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, demonstrating the government’s commitment to advancing Indian language education and technology integration.