A virtual platform has been launched from Qutub Minar, the iconic heritage site in the national capital, as part of the “Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar” initiative.
What: Project under National Mission on Cultural Mapping
- The “Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar” project is undertaken as part of the National Mission on Cultural Mapping.
- The virtual platform aims to provide insights into the cultural significance of Indian villages.
Why: Objectives of the Project
- The project seeks to encourage appreciation for India’s rich culture and traditions.
- It aims to pave the way for economic growth, social harmony, and artistic development in rural communities.
How: Implementation of the Project
- The project aims to cover 6.5 lakh villages across India.
Village Division into Categories
- Villages will be categorized based on various factors, including ecological importance, developmental importance, scholastic importance, production of famous textiles or products, and their connection to historical or mythological events (e.g., Independence struggle, Mahabharata).
“Cultural Asset Mapping” through Field Surveys
- Cultural asset mapping will be carried out through field surveys conducted by joint teams comprising members from the Culture Ministry and Common Services Centres (CSC) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The survey process will capture the cultural identity of villages and involve citizens in sharing the uniqueness of their village, block, and district. copyright©iasexpress.net
Survey Process Details
- CSC Village-Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) will conduct meetings with citizens in the villages.
- Interesting facts about the village, places of interest, customs and traditions, famous personalities, festivals and beliefs, art, and culture will be uploaded onto a special application during the survey.
Who: Coordination with Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
- The “Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar” initiative is implemented in coordination with the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
By leveraging technology and cultural mapping, the “Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar” initiative aims to create awareness about India’s diverse cultural heritage in its villages, fostering pride, and promoting socio-economic growth in rural areas.