- An exhibition has been launched at the Phoenix Settlement to mark the 120th anniversary of Inion Opinion.
- It also marks the 130th anniversary of the 1893 incident when Gandhi was unceremoniously thrown off a train at Pietermaritzburg station.
- Indian Opinion was an important newspaper that served as a primary mass communication organ of the Natal Indian Congress.
- It was published in several languages- English, Gujarati, Hindi and Tamil.
- Some of its focus areas include:
- Human rights
- Civil rights issues
- Racial intolerance faced by indentured labourers
- Its main purposes were:
- 2023 marks the 120th anniversary of the Indian Opinion.
- It helped fight the oppressive laws of the then-South African government.
- It played an important role in anti-racial discrimination drives.
- Women, like Sushila Gandhi (editor of the Gujarati section) played an important role in the newspaper’s publication.
- It was founded by Mahatma Gandhi.
- M H Nazar also played an important role.
- Its final edition was published in 1962.
In which year was the final edition of Indian Opinion newspaper published?
Answer: (b) 1962
Explanation: The given information states that the final edition of the Indian Opinion newspaper was published in 1962.