Central Assistance For One Time Settlement Of Displaced Families From PoK And Chhamb Under Prime Minister’s Development Package
Introduction: The Central Assistance For One Time Settlement Of Displaced Families From PoK And Chhamb Under Prime Minister’s Development Package is a scheme by the Ministry of Home Affairs to provide central assistance to the displaced families from PoK And Chhamb and settled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
Ministry/Agency: Ministry of Home Affairs
- To provide a one-time full and final settlement of Rs. 2,000 crore for rehabilitation package for 36,384 such families against the properties they were forced to part with due to war and hostilities.
- To provide supplementary financial assistance so as to enable such families to run small business or to undertake scientific farming, livestock or other land-based activities, which can provide the displaced families some assured and sustained earning.
- The amount of assistance can also be invested in any annuity scheme, which can give an assured monthly income on sustainable basis.
- One-time full and final settlement of Rs. 2,000 crore for rehabilitation package for 36,384 such families.
- Supplementary financial assistance to enable displaced families to run small business or undertake scientific farming, livestock, or other land-based activities.
- The amount of assistance can be invested in any annuity scheme, which can give an assured monthly income on a sustainable basis.
- The scheme will have a State share of Rs 308/- and Central share of Rs. 5,49,692/- per family, amounting to Rs 5,50,000/- per displaced family.
- The claimant/head of the displaced persons’ family or his/her successor or heir residing within the State should be part of the overall category of 36,384 families.
- The family must belong to “Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir 1947 Displaced Persons” or “Chhamb 1965 and 1971 (camp/non-camp) Displaced Persons” categories.
- The family must possess the required documents that can prove aforesaid.
Implementation strategy: The amount of Central Assistance of Rs. 5,49,692/- per family will be distributed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) method to the eligible beneficiaries by the Central Government directly, and the State Government will transfer the State’s share of Rs. 308/- per family to the beneficiaries through DBT.