Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a flagship scheme of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG).
- The scheme aims to provide clean cooking fuel such as LPG to rural and deprived households.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG)
- 8 crore LPG connections released under the scheme, increasing LPG coverage from 62% in 2016 to 99.8% in 2021.
- Provision for release of additional 1 crore LPG connections under the PMUY scheme in FY 21-22 with a special facility for migrant families.
- Rs. 1600 for a connection 14.2kg cylinder or Rs. 1150 for a 5 kg cylinder.
- First LPG refill and Stove (hot plate) provided free of cost with deposit free connection.
- Adult women belonging to poor households without an LPG connection.
- Eligible as per SECC 2011 list or belong to SC/ST households, be a beneficiary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Forest dwellers, Most Backward Classes (MBC), Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, People residing in river islands (Beneficiary will submit supporting document).
- If not falling in the above categories, a woman can stake her claim to be a beneficiary under Poor household by submitting 14-point declaration.
- Male member from a household cannot apply for the scheme.