Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan (PMGDISHA) is a Digital Literacy Scheme by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Aimed at training six crore persons in rural areas, covering 40% of rural households.
- Empowers citizens in rural areas to use information technology and related applications, enabling them to participate in the process of nation-building.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Bridge the digital divide, specifically targeting the rural population, including the marginalized sections of society.
- Empower citizens in rural areas with digital literacy.
- Train individuals to operate computers or digital access devices, use e-mail and the internet, access government services, search for information, and undertake digital payments.
- 200-300 beneficiaries per Gram Panchayat.
- Delivery of content through mobile phones.
- Total duration of the course is 20 hours.
- Learning outcomes/competency standards include: understanding the basics of digital devices, using the internet effectively and responsibly, carrying out cashless transactions using digital financial tools, and using online citizen-centric services.
- Content made available in 22 scheduled languages of India.
- Includes top citizen-centric schemes as part of the curriculum.
- Rural citizens between the ages of 14 and 60 who are digitally illiterate.
- Priority given to non-smartphone users, Antyodaya households, college drop-outs, and participants of the adult literacy mission.
- Preference given to SC, ST, BPL, women, differently-abled persons, and minorities.
- Setting up of training centers in identified districts/blocks/gram panchayats.
- Content generated by CSC-SPV in consultation with various stakeholders.
- Creation of content bank and mobile app in 22 scheduled languages.
- Efforts made to design target beneficiaries’ specific contents with the use of local resources.
- Panchayats which are part of urban agglomerations excluded from the scheme.