Dhyan Chand Award for Life-time Achievement Sports and Games
- Dhyan Chand Award for Life-time Achievement Sports and Games is awarded annually by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, named after legendary field hockey player Major Dhyan Chand.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- To honor sportspersons who have contributed to sports by their performance and continue to contribute to promotion of sports even after their retirement.
- To motivate persons who have contributed their lifetime to sports and sports promotion.
- To encourage broad basing of and development of excellence in sports in the country.
- A sportsperson should have had good performance at international level and continued to contribute to promotion of sports even after retirement.
- Should have shown qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and sense of discipline.
- Should not have been penalized or against whom enquiry is pending or going on for use of drugs/substances banned by WADA.
- Sportspersons who have already been conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award or Dronacharya Award are not eligible.
- A statuette, a certificate, ceremonial dress, and a cash award of ₹10,00,000 will be presented to the winners.
- Nominations are accepted till 30 April or last working day of April.
- Usually, the award is conferred upon not more than three sportspersons in a year.
- Ministry will make necessary character verification prior to finalizing the names of the awardees.
- Awards will be presented at a function to be held at a place and on a date determined by the Government.
- The decision of the Government of India shall be final and no appeal shall lie against them.
- Nominations are invited from various organizations such as NSFs, BCCI, and Sports Control/Promotion Boards of various Government Organizations.
- The authorized signatory for sending nominations is specified for each organization.