There are 1.01 crore children between the ages of 5 to 14 being made to work as child labourers in India, according to Government of India’s Children In India 2018 report which is based on Census 2011 data.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner.
- Who is a child?
- What is Child Labour?
- How children are exploited for Labour in India?
- What is the statistics of child labour in India?
- What is the nature of child labour in India?
- What are the causes of Child Labour in India?
- What are the impacts of child labour?
- What are the International Safeguards against Child Labour?
- What are the measures taken by India?
- What are the Challenges in reducing child labour in India?
- What is the way forward?
What Others Are Reading
About the Author
Latest posts by Santhosh Kumar (see all)
- Group of Twenty (G20) & India – Prospects & Challenges - July 16, 2019
- [Mindmap] Union Budget 2019-20 Highlights: Read/Revise Faster - July 14, 2019
- Shangai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) & India – Prospects & Challenges - July 12, 2019