The Lokmanya Tilak National Award is an esteemed recognition bestowed on individuals who have made remarkable and extraordinary contributions to national progress and development. The Prime Minister was recently conferred with this prestigious award in Pune on the 103rd death anniversary of Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
Background and Establishment
- The award was established in 1983 and is presented annually on August 1, which marks the death anniversary of Lokmanya Tilak, a renowned freedom fighter and social reformer.
- The award aims to honor and uphold the legacy of Lokmanya Tilak and the principles he stood for.
Purpose and Criteria
- The Lokmanya Tilak National Award is intended to acknowledge outstanding contributions made by individuals towards the advancement and development of the nation.
- The award has been presented to eminent personalities from various fields who have made significant impacts on the nation.
- The Prime Minister is the 41st recipient of this esteemed award.
- Previous recipients include distinguished personalities such as Shankar Dayal Sharma, Pranab Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Indira Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, NR Narayana Murthy, and E Sreedharan.
The Lokmanya Tilak National Award holds great significance as it pays tribute to the efforts and contributions of exceptional individuals who have dedicated themselves to the progress and development of the nation, perpetuating the ideals and values advocated by Lokmanya Tilak himself. copyright©iasexpress.net