1. Home Guards are raised under the Home Guards Act and Rules of the Central Government.
2. The role of the Home Guards is to serve as an auxiliary force to the police in maintenance of internal security.
3. To prevent infiltration on the international border/coastal areas, the Border Wing Home Guards Battalions have been raised in some States.
How many of the above statements are correct?
(a) Only one
(b) Only two
(c) All three
Answer: (b) Only two statements are correct.
Based on the statements given:
- Home Guards are typically not raised under the Home Guards Act and Rules of the Central Government, but are usually raised under state acts and rules. Each state in India has its own set of rules and guidelines for raising Home Guards.
- The statement that the role of the Home Guards is to serve as an auxiliary force to the police in maintaining internal security is accurate. Their main function is to serve as a reserve force to handle emergencies and disasters.
- The statement that the Border Wing Home Guards Battalions have been raised in some states to prevent infiltration on the international border/coastal areas is also accurate. This specialized wing of Home Guards has been deployed in border areas of some states, where their role is primarily to assist the police and other security agencies in guarding the border. copyright©iasexpress.net
Therefore, statements 2 and 3 are correct, while statement 1 is not. Based on this evaluation, the answer is (b) Only two.