(a) “Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If not, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.” – Swami Vivekanand
- To me, this quote means that we should always strive to be compassionate and help others whenever we can. It also encourages us to practice non-judgment and understanding, recognizing that everyone has their own journey and challenges.
- The quote also advises that if one is unable to help, they should still send positive thoughts and blessings to others, and allow them to make their own choices and follow their own path. This highlights the importance of respecting others autonomy and decisions, even if we disagree with them.
- Additionally, the quote encourages us to be open-minded and respectful of others perspectives, and to understand that everyone’s life experiences and circumstances are unique.
- Overall, this quote promotes the idea of empathy, kindness, and non-judgment towards others as an important aspect of being a good human being.
(b) “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- To me, this quote means that by serving others, one can gain a sense of purpose and fulfillment, which can lead to self-discovery and personal growth. It suggests that by focusing on helping others, one can forget their own problems and worries, which can lead to a sense of peace and contentment. copyright©iasexpress.net
- This quote emphasizes the idea of selflessness and altruism, where by putting others needs before our own we can find our true selves. It also indicates that by serving others, one can find a deeper understanding of oneself and one’s own values and beliefs.
- Additionally, this quote encourages us to look beyond ourselves, to understand that we are part of something bigger, and that by dedicating ourselves to a greater cause, we can find fulfillment and meaning in our lives.
- This quote also highlights that true happiness comes not from selfish pursuits but from serving others and contributing to something greater than ourselves.
- Overall, this quote promotes the idea of selflessness, compassion, and service as a way to find oneself and to attain inner peace, fulfillment, and happiness.
(c) “A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true.” – Socrates
- To me, this quote means that morality should not be based on emotions or feelings, as they can change and be unreliable. It suggests that a true system of morality should be based on logical reasoning, facts, and universal principles.
- This quote implies that basing morality on emotions is a flawed and illogical approach, and that a true understanding of morality requires a rational and objective perspective. It suggests that emotions can be fickle and that morality should be grounded in principle and reason rather than in emotional responses to situations. copyright©iasexpress.net
- This quote also emphasizes the importance of being objective and rational in determining what is right and wrong, rather than allowing emotions to cloud one’s judgment.
- Overall, this quote highlights the importance of reason and objectivity in determining morality and the dangers of basing morality on emotions and feelings.