The National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) is an autonomous body established by the Government of India in 1953 with the objective of commercializing the research and development (R&D) efforts of India.
Purpose: The primary purpose of the NRDC is to promote and develop the commercialization of technologies developed in India and to facilitate the transfer of technologies to other countries.
Year of Establishment: NRDC was established in 1953.
Ministry: NRDC is under the administrative control of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) of the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Type: NRDC is a registered company under the Companies Act, 1956.
- to promote and develop the commercialization of technologies developed in India,
- assist in the transfer of technology from abroad,
- facilitate the transfer of technologies to other countries,
- support industrial research and development,
- promote small and medium scale industries and
- provide technical consultancy services.