- The Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) is an organization under the Department of Mines, Ministry of Mines, Government of India.
- It functions as the apex body for regulating and overseeing the mineral sector in India.
- It was established in 1948. It performs regulatory functions with respect to the relevant provisions of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957
- It provides technical and economic advice to the government in the field of mineral exploration, exploitation and conservation.
- It performs mineralogical, chemical and physical tests on samples of minerals.
- It carries out research and development activities in the field of mineral exploration, exploitation, conservation and utilization.
- It monitors the development of mineral resources in the country.
- It provides timely and accurate information to the government, industry and other stakeholders on the mineral sector in India.
- It acts as a repository for the compilation and dissemination of information related to the mineral sector.
- It provides technical and scientific assistance to the government in formulation and implementation of mineral policy.
No posts found.