In recent news, a significant event is set to take place from August 17th to 19th – the Global Summit on Traditional Medicine. This summit aims to address the critical role of traditional medicine in modern healthcare, exploring various aspects that impact its integration and development.
Key Focus Areas
Research and Evidence
- Exploring the scientific basis of traditional medicine.
- Highlighting research advancements in traditional healing practices.
- Bridging the gap between traditional and modern medical research.
Learning Policy and Data Regulations
- Developing policies for the education and training of traditional medicine practitioners.
- Establishing regulatory frameworks to ensure safety and efficacy.
- Integrating traditional medicine into national healthcare systems.
Innovation and Digital Health
- Discussing the role of technology in preserving and disseminating traditional medical knowledge.
- Exploring innovative approaches for diagnosis and treatment.
- Integrating traditional medicine with digital health platforms.
Biodiversity and Equity
- Recognizing the connection between biodiversity and traditional medicine.
- Addressing concerns about over-harvesting of medicinal plants.
- Promoting equitable access to traditional healthcare resources.
Traditional Knowledge Preservation
- Discussing the importance of preserving traditional medical knowledge.
- Exploring ways to pass down this knowledge to future generations.
- Recognizing the value of indigenous wisdom in healthcare.
Declaration and Assistance
- Crafting a declaration to reinforce the importance of traditional medicine. copyright©iasexpress.net
- Seeking international cooperation for its advancement.
- Promoting collaborative efforts to integrate traditional and modern healthcare systems.
Future of the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Shaping the future direction of WHO’s involvement in traditional medicine.
- Discussing potential policy changes and initiatives.
WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine
- Establishing a dedicated global center within WHO to promote traditional medicine research, education, and policy.
- Enhancing collaboration between countries and organizations in this field.
Showcasing Traditional Systems of Medicine
- Featuring exhibitions of diverse traditional healing systems from around the world.
- Highlighting the cultural richness and effectiveness of these practices.
- Presenting traditional medicine practices from different countries and regions.
- Promoting cross-cultural exchange and learning.
Significance of the Summit
First-Ever Traditional Medicine Summit
- This event marks the inaugural global summit focused solely on traditional medicine.
- It showcases the growing recognition of traditional healing methods in modern healthcare.
World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Co-hosting and coordinating the summit.
- Demonstrating WHO’s commitment to bridging traditional and modern medicine.
Ministry of Ayush
- Collaborating with WHO to organize the event.
- Showcasing India’s commitment to traditional healthcare practices.
- The summit will take place in Gandhinagar, a city in the state of Gujarat, India. copyright©iasexpress.net
- This location holds cultural significance and aligns with India’s rich tradition of herbal medicine.