- Total Marks: 250 marks, Time duration: 3 hours.
- There are 20 questions printed both in ENGLISH and HINDI.
- All questions are compulsory.
- The number of marks carried by a question/part is printed against it.
- Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the admission certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this question-cum-answer (QCA) booklet in the space provided.
- No marks will be given for answers written in the medium other than authorized one.
- Answers to questions no. 1 to 10 should be in 150 words, whereas answers to questions no. 11 to 20 should be in 250 words.
- Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.
- Any page or portion of the page left blank, must be struck off clearly.
Qn1. Highlight the Central Asian and Greco -Bactrian elements in Gandhara art. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn2. The 1857 Uprising was the culmination the recurrent big and small local rebellions that had occurred in the preceding hundred years of British rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words)
Qn3. Examine the linkages between 19th centuries ‘Indian Renaissance’ and the emergence of national identity. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn4. Assess the impact of global warming on coral life system with examples. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn5. Discuss the causes of depletion of mangroves and explain their importance in maintaining coastal ecology. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn6. Can the strategy of regional-resource based manufacturing help in promoting employment in India? (Answer in 150 words)
Qn7. Discuss the factors for localization of agro-based food processing industries of North-West India. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn8. What makes Indian society unique in sustaining its culture? Discuss. (Answer in 150 words)
Qn9. “Empowering women is the key to control population growth”. Discuss (Answer in 150 words)
Qn10. What are the challenges to our cultural practices to in the name of secularism (Answer in 150 words)
Qn11. Many voices had strengthened and enriched the nationalist movement during the Gandhian phase. Elaborate (Answer in 250 words)
Qn12. Assess the role of British imperial power in complicating the process of transfer of power during the 1940s. (Answer in 250 words)
Qn13. Explain how the foundations of the modern world were laid by the American and French revolution. (Answer in 250 words)
Qn14. What is water stress? How and why does it differ regionally in India? (Answer in 250 words)
Qn15. How can the mountain ecosystem be restored from the negative impact of development initiatives and tourism? (Answer in 250 words)
Qn17. How do ocean currents and water masses differ in their impacts on marine life and the coastal environment? Give suitable examples? (Answer in 250 words)
Qn18. Do we have cultural pockets of small India all over the nation? Elaborate with examples (Answer in 250 words)
Qn19. What are the continued challenges for women in India against time and space? (Answer in 250 words)
Qn20. Are we losing our local identity for the global identity? Discuss. (Answer in 250 words)