Recently, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry reviewed and amended the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy in e-commerce in order to ensure a level playing field between offline and online sectors. E-commerce firms are needed to comply with the new guidelines by February 1, 2019.This article answers the following questions in an analytical manner with a quick-revision mindmap:
- What is e-commerce?
- What is an E-commerce Entity?
- What are the types of E-commerce models?
- What is the salient feature of the recent amendments?
- What are the potential benefits of these amendments?
- What are the concerns with these amendments?
- What should be the way forward?