Following are the questions frequently asked (FAQs) by our customers. It will answer all your queries, if not, click the contact button on the bottom-right of this page to personally contact us through other options like whatsapp, telegram or email.
IAS EXPRESS contents are paid but affordable & reasonable based on membership plans.
Your contribution will put food on our plates, help us take care of our families & pay for the quality content writers, costly web hosting & other maintenance expenses = We can contribute you with more awesome, quality & innovative contents and sustain the initiative without any worries for a long time.
So you are actually helping us in order to help you!
Why Static Mindmaps?
Static Mindmaps are the mindmaps that cover the static syllabus of all the subjects - Polity, History, Geography, Culture, Economy, Environment & International relations. Mindmaps are made through the reference from both standard and advanced books and internet for additional analysis. Read the article - How to remember everything you learn? to get an idea about Mind Maps and other memory techniques.
Note: IE Mindmaps are not only for UPSC exam but also for any competitive or school or college exams which have these subjects - Polity, History, Geography, Culture, Economy, Environment & International relations.
How it will benefit you?
- Big picture - You can take in the bigger picture quickly and easily at a glance with a mindmap.
- Better recollection - The visual nature of mindmaps allows for easier recall.
- Simplification - Mindmaps allow for the simplification of complex relationships between topics.
- Structured - Just like each and every object in the world has a structure, a topic that you are reading also has a structure. But the traditional paragraph based reading cannot show you the structure unique to each topic.
- Quick revision - Every point is organized and linked in a way that enables quick revision.
- Creativity - Your creativity will get boosted as you can get big-picture easily with mind maps.
- Interactive - IE Mindmaps are interactive i.e., you can collapse, expand, navigate around and search for particular topic inside the mindmap. This provides for the active learning process and you never get bored. It is not possible in image or PDF mindmaps. You can read it with any device (Mobile/Tablet/PC). No software is needed.
- Lecture + Self-study - As mindmaps are interactive and each node is opened by clicking them = it seems like someone actually teaching you (= more focus) & you will also get the same efficiency as that of self-study in terms of learning/retention.
- Updated - Unlike pdf/image mind maps, IE Mind maps will be periodically updated by us according to the changing needs of the exam.
- Question paper-based - Contents in the mind maps were prepared based on solving previous years question papers (both prelims and mains) = high chance of success in the examination.
- Crack GS (Prelims & Mains) - General Studies section of the exam could be easily cleared with IE Mindmaps. Around 85-90% of UPSC Prelims Paper 1 static questions could be solved with IE Mindmaps.
Why Current Articles?
- IE Articles are like NCERTs of key current affairs issues.
- It will give you a strong foundation of important current affairs topics through big-picture analysis.
- They are prepared by analyzing at least 3-4 years of news from major news sources like The Hindu, Indian Express, Yojana, etc. It is because UPSC no longer asks questions from last one-year news only (see 2018 & 2019 paper) + it requires candidates to have in-depth knowledge of important issues. So IE article is an initiative to satisfy this demand of UPSC.
- Relevant links to static syllabus mindmaps are also provided for integrated learning.
- Whenever there is an update to a particular issue, we don't write an entirely new article with different words. Instead, we re-publish the existing ones with additional notes so that it would be easier for you to understand and revise those issues better.
- It will be useful to solve analytical/in-depth questions in Prelims (see 2019 question paper). Note- Please read daily newspapers and take notes on topics that are not covered by IE articles to cover all topics for prelims.
- It will be useful to solve almost all questions in Mains (Essay and General Studies).
- It will serve as a model for writing excellent answers in mains (essay & GS).
- Articles are written in a notes based format with question-answer based arrangement = you can easily recall concepts in the exam/interview.
- Mindmaps are provided for easy understanding and faster revision before the exam.
- So regular reading and revising IE articles would be a game-changer in your UPSC preparation journey.
- Please note that we post only about 4-5 articles on most-probable topics per week but with more quality and in-depth analysis which is very much needed for the UPSC exam.
- One more thing, don't restrict yourself to reading only articles from June this year - June next year. Because each and every article is important for the exam. Also, we provide mindmaps for a quick overview if you face time constraints. So you need to read all articles from August 2018 (IE Started) itself.
Hits in previous year questions
Around 90% of UPSC Prelims Paper 1 static questions could be solved with IE Mindmaps.
- Simple language
- Mindmaps for faster revision
- Text-to-speech in articles - Click4Sample
There are two options
Online compilations -
- Look for "posts archives" at the bottom of all pages.
- It is for all (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus) Members.
Offline compilations (PDF) -
- Click here.
- It is for Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus Members.
We are working on it. It may take more time to publish it. We will charge optional mindmaps separately when we publish them.
Yes. It will be available from Jan 1, 2020.
Please refer here
We haven't made static mindmaps for science yet but all the major science-related issues are/will be covered in current articles (with mindmaps) here - https://www.iasexpress.net/category/sci-tech/. They are enough from UPSC exam perspective.
Detailed instructions on how to become a member are provided here - https://www.iasexpress.net/membership-account/membership-levels/. Kindly refer it. You can also purchase membership on that page itself.
No. We started the membership platform only to give affordable contents to aspirants. If you think a plan is too costly for you, please purchase low tiered plans like bronze or silver as you can access all contents online with those plans itself.