The A-HELP (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) program has taken root in Gujarat, ushering in a transformative era for animal husbandry. This initiative is a vital component of the Pashudhan Jagrati Abhiyaan, a movement dedicated to enhancing livestock welfare and uplifting women through comprehensive training and support.
Unveiling the A-HELP Program
The A-HELP program serves as an Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production, designed to foster better livestock management practices. Integral to the broader Pashudhan Jagrati Abhiyaan, this initiative has a special focus on empowering women by enlisting them as trained agents in the field of animal husbandry. The program encompasses various facets aimed at enhancing livestock welfare:
- Disease Control: Trained agents play a pivotal role in controlling and preventing diseases among livestock, ensuring healthier animals and increased productivity.
- Artificial Insemination: Agents are entrusted with the task of conducting artificial insemination under the Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM), contributing to improved breeding practices.
- Animal Tagging: Proper tagging of animals facilitates better tracking, monitoring, and management of livestock.
- Livestock Insurance: The program also incorporates livestock insurance, safeguarding the interests of livestock owners against unexpected losses.
The implementation of the A-HELP program involves strategic collaboration and rigorous training: copyright©iasexpress.net
Role of State Veterinary Universities
- Coordination: State Veterinary Universities collaborate closely with the State Animal Husbandry Departments to ensure seamless execution of the program.
- Awareness and Training: Workshops, awareness camps, and seminars are conducted to disseminate essential knowledge on various aspects, including disease control, livestock nutrition, and medical interventions.
- Practical Training: The program provides practical training to students, equipping them with scientific techniques for effective livestock management.
- Engagement Targets: The A-HELP program sets a goal of engaging at least 250 farmers and proprietors, cascading its benefits to a wider audience.
- Focus Areas: The program centers its efforts on improving reproductive health and overall productivity of livestock.
Collaboration with Indian Immunological Ltd
- Nutritional Support: The collaboration with Indian Immunological Ltd ensures the provision of essential nutritional supplements for livestock.
- Mineral Mixtures: Livestock receive crucial mineral mixtures to address deficiencies and boost their well-being.
- Dewormers and Medicines: The program facilitates the availability of dewormers and medicines, contributing to the health and vitality of animals.
The Driving Force
The A-HELP program operates under the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, reflecting the government’s dedication to advancing animal welfare and uplifting rural communities. This initiative aligns with the broader goals of promoting sustainable agriculture, economic empowerment, and the overall well-being of livestock. copyright©iasexpress.net