This topic of “RoboMapper” is important from the perspective of the UPSC IAS Examination, which falls under General Studies Portion.
- A report in the journal ‘Matter’ highlights RoboMapper’s efficient material testing capabilities.
- RoboMapper is a new robot technology designed for material testing.
- The technology is more efficient, resulting in faster material testing.
- It is sustainable and contributes to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 10 times compared to conventional methods.
- RoboMapper is presented with a set of materials and tasked with developing alloys using them.
- The robot creates different combinations of materials and runs various tests to determine:
- If they have a Crystalline structure of perovskite.
- Their desirable set of optical characteristics, known as the band gap.
- Their stability when exposed to intense light.
- RoboMapper is particularly useful in identifying perovskite materials that exhibit better stability and efficiency for use in solar cells. This can have significant implications for the development of more efficient and sustainable solar energy technologies.