A potent weapon against the scourge of illegal coal mining has emerged in the form of the Khanan Prahari mobile app. This app not only empowers citizens to flag instances of illicit coal mining but also contributes to the larger goals of environmental preservation, safety, and transparency in action against unauthorized activities.
This topic of “Khanan Prahari” is important from the perspective of the UPSC IAS Examination, which falls under General Studies Portion.
News: Khanan Prahari’s Role in Curbing Illegal Mining
The news brings attention to Khanan Prahari’s remarkable contribution in the battle against illegal coal mining, shedding light on its significance in safeguarding the environment, lives, and economy.
Unveiling Khanan Prahari
A Mobile App for Combating Illicit Mining
Khanan Prahari stands as a technological innovation—a mobile app designed to facilitate the reporting of cases related to illegal coal mining.
The Rationale Behind Khanan Prahari
- The environmental, social, and economic repercussions of illegal mining necessitate concerted efforts to combat this menace.
- The government is committed to promoting transparency and accountability in addressing the issue of unauthorized mining.
- Public participation is encouraged to bolster the fight against this threat.
Utilizing Khanan Prahari
Empowering Public Reporting
The app serves as a platform for reporting instances of illegal coal mining, enabling citizens to contribute actively to curbing this illegal practice. Users can report incidents using geotagged photos and textual information.
- Incident Reporting: Users can provide vital information using geotagged photos and comments to elucidate the situation.
- User Anonymity: The app ensures confidentiality by keeping the identity of users private.
- Complaint Tracking: Users can track the status of their complaints by utilizing a complaint number.
Key Stakeholders and Initiators
Ministry of Coal
Khanan Prahari is a significant initiative spearheaded by the Ministry of Coal, reflecting the government’s commitment to eradicating illegal coal mining.
The Khanan Prahari app and its associated web portal were developed in collaboration with esteemed institutions like the Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Application & Geoinformatics in Gandhinagar and the Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDI) in Ranchi.