Amid the vibrant celebrations of the Meghalaya Pineapple Festival 2023, a remarkable star takes center stage: the Kew Pineapple. With its unique attributes and tantalizing features, the Kew Pineapple stands as a testament to the richness and diversity of nature’s bounty.
A Closer Look at the Kew Pineapple
Defining a Distinctive Variety
The Kew Pineapple represents a distinct variety of this tropical fruit, boasting a captivating combination of taste, smell, and size that sets it apart.
Unraveling its Features
- Late-Maturing Charm: Unlike its counterparts, the Kew Pineapple is a late-maturing variety, ensuring that its flavors develop fully.
- Canning Quality: Its attributes extend beyond taste; the Kew Pineapple also possesses canning quality that makes it suitable for various culinary applications.
Exploring its Physical Attributes
- A Unique Shape and Hue: With an oblong shape and broad, shallow eyes, the Kew Pineapple commands attention. It ripens into a vibrant yellow, promising a burst of flavor.
- A Tempting Interior: Cutting into the Kew Pineapple reveals light yellow flesh that’s nearly fiberless and incredibly juicy.
- The Flavor Balance: This variety strikes a delicate balance between sweetness and acidity, boasting an acid content ranging from 0.6% to 1.2% and a TSS (Total Soluble Solids) content of 12-16 brix. copyright©iasexpress.net
Health Benefits Enclosed
The Kew Pineapple offers a wealth of health benefits:
- Antioxidant Richness: It’s a treasure trove of antioxidants, offering a natural boost to health.
- Vitamin C Galore: With ascorbic acid levels ranging from 6.1 to 2.6 mg/100g, the Kew Pineapple is a natural source of Vitamin C.
- A Carotene Burst: Carotene, a precursor of Vitamin A, adds to the health quotient.
- A Dash of Natural Sweetness: With a sugar content of 13.0%, this pineapple variety delivers natural sweetness.
Thriving in Specific Climates
The Kew Pineapple thrives in specific climate conditions:
- Temperature Range: It flourishes in temperatures ranging from 15°C to 32°C.
- Warmth and Humidity: The Kew Pineapple’s ideal habitat includes warmer and humid climates, reflecting its tropical origin.
The Mark of Significance
A Commercial Champion in India
The Kew Pineapple’s significance reverberates beyond its exquisite qualities. In India, it stands as a leading commercial variety, contributing to the nation’s agricultural and culinary landscape.