Introduction: The Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students (Technical Diploma) is a scholarship scheme implemented by AICTE, MoE for girl students pursuing technical diploma courses in AICTE-approved institutions.
Ministry: Ministry of Education
Objectives: The scheme aims to empower young women by providing them the opportunity to further their education and prepare for a successful future through knowledge, skill, and self-confidence.
- Scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study towards college fees, computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc.
- Maximum 3 years of benefits for first-year admitted students and maximum 2 years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry.
- The applicant must be a girl student.
- The applicant must be pursuing either the first or second year of the diploma course through lateral entry in an AICTE-approved institution.
- The annual family income must not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
- All eligible girls from the 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States will be given a scholarship.
- If a candidate fails/drops out in a subsequent year, she will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- If the student is receiving financial assistance in any form from any other source during her course of study, the scholarship will be discontinued.
- If the gap period between the qualifying examination and admission session in a degree course is more than two years.
- The scholarship is only applicable to a maximum of two girl children of a family.