Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
|Purpose||The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) is a scheme that provides financial assistance to landholding farmers’ families in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields.|
|Launched by||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
|Benefits||– Financial benefit of Rs. 6000 per annum per family payable in three equal installments of Rs 2000 each, every four months. |
– The revised Scheme is expected to cover around 2 crores more farmers, increasing the coverage of PM-KISAN to around 14.5 crore beneficiaries.
|Eligibility||– All landholding farmers’ families, which have cultivable land holding in their names are eligible to get benefit under the scheme. |
– The following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme:
1. Institutional Landholders
2. Former and present holders of constitutional posts
3. Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils
4. Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations
5. Former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats
6. Serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
7. Superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category
8. All persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year,
9. Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.