Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
Introduction: Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is a rural connectivity scheme launched by the Government of India on 25th December 2000.
Ministry/Agency: Ministry of Rural Development
Objectives: To provide all-weather access to eligible unconnected habitations with a population of up to 500 in plain areas and 250 and above in special category states.
- All-weather connection to the hamlets that are least or not connected.
- Overall development of the country allows for easy movement of goods and vehicles.
- Better employment opportunities for those from villages thanks to road connections.
- A region must be a habitation. It cannot be a hamlet or revenue village to be eligible.
- The hamlet must have a higher population as per the 2001 Census to be eligible for road connection.
- The eligible habitations have a population of above 500 persons in plain areas and around 250 persons and above in hilly areas.
- Proper decentralized planning for the building of roads.
- Build roads according to the Indian Road Congress and Rural Roads Manual.
- 3-tier quality management system.
- An unbroken flow of funds.