National Scheme Of Welfare Of Fishermen
- The National Scheme of Welfare of Fishermen is a centrally sponsored scheme that provides financial assistance to fishermen.
- The scheme aims to provide basic amenities such as housing, community halls, and tube wells for drinking water.
- It also offers insurance and savings cum relief scheme to ensure financial and social securities for fishermen and their families.
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Provide fishermen with basic amenities such as housing, community halls, tube wells for drinking water.
- Ensure financial and social securities of fishermen and their families.
- Upgrade the standard of living of fishermen.
- Educate and train fishermen in advanced technical technologies so that they can learn scientific ways of fishing.
- Housing facility with a base area within 35 sq. mt. and cost not exceeding ₹75,000.
- Construction of community hall with a base area measuring 200 sq. mt. and within ₹2 lakh.
- Assurance of clean drinking water with one tube well for every 20 houses.
- Insurance facility for group accident insurance for active fishermen.
- Saving cum relief scheme with a contribution of ₹75 from marine fishermen for 8 months in a year.
- Refund of paid amount with interest at the end of the 4th month if any fishermen fail to make payment.
- Inland fishermen living in coastal areas and with whom the respective States and Union Territories have officially licensed are eligible.
- The age of fishermen must be below 60 years old.
- Applicant fishermen must belong to the BPL category and be engaged in full-time activities inland.
- Marine fishermen who operate under State, Union Territories, and FISHCOPFED are eligible.
- Their respective States and Union Territories must officially license marine fishermen.
- They must involve themselves in full-time activities at sea and be a member of the Welfare Society or Federation or Cooperative Society.
- The scheme is centrally sponsored and implemented by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying.
- Financial assistance provided to construct houses, community halls, tube wells, and insurance facilities for fishermen.
- Training and education provided to fishermen in advanced technical technologies to learn scientific ways of fishing.