National Innovation Foundation (NIF) is a government-funded autonomous body set up to promote and nurture grassroots innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge.
- to promote, develop and recognize the creative and innovative capabilities of Indians, particularly those of the unorganized sector.
- It also identifies and promotes indigenous technologies, traditional knowledge and innovations from rural and tribal communities that have potential for commercialization.
Year of establishment: 2000
Type: The National Innovation Foundation is a registered autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- to identify, document, preserve and promote grassroots innovations and traditional knowledge,
- to facilitate the commercialization of such knowledge and technologies,
- to provide support to innovators,
- to create an innovation-friendly environment in the country
- to promote the creative and innovative capabilities of the people of India.