Left Wing Extremism (LWE) is showing a downward trend, but still effects many parts of the country. Briefly explain the government of India’s approach to counter the challengers post by LWE. (150 words)
Left Wing Extremism (LWE) is a significant challenge facing India, with its impact being felt in many parts of the country. Here are some key points on the government of India’s approach to countering the challenge of LWE:
• Integrated Action Plan: The government has introduced an Integrated Action Plan (IAP) in the affected areas to promote development and address the underlying causes of LWE.
• Security operations: The government has launched security operations against LWE groups to neutralize their capabilities and prevent their activities.
• Surrender and rehabilitation: The government has encouraged LWE militants to surrender and provides rehabilitation and skill development programs to enable their reintegration into society.
• Intelligence gathering: The government has enhanced intelligence gathering capabilities to prevent LWE activities and gather actionable intelligence.
• Coordination with states: The government works closely with affected states to ensure coordination between different agencies and to provide support for the implementation of the IAP.
Overall, the government of India’s approach to countering LWE involves a combination of developmental, security, rehabilitation, intelligence gathering, and coordination measures. This approach aims to address the underlying causes of LWE, prevent its activities, neutralize its capabilities, and provide opportunities for reintegration and rehabilitation of LWE militants. While the impact of LWE is showing a downward trend, the government remains committed to countering the challenge posed by it.