Garima Greh Shelter Homes For Transgender Persons
- Garima Greh is a shelter home initiative by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for destitute and abandoned transgender persons.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Provide shelter with basic amenities like food, clothing, recreation, medical facilities, and counseling.
- Safeguard the rights of transgender persons.
- Adopt uniform rules and regulations for a congenial atmosphere.
- Empower transgender persons through skill development and skill up-gradation programmes.
- Transgender persons are provided with shelter, food, medical care, and recreational facilities.
- Transgender persons certified through the National Portal for Transgender Persons and preferably living below the poverty line.
- Abandoned transgender persons aged between 18-60 years, not engaged in sex work and beggary, and not engaged in productive commercial activities.
- Registration by filling the admission form and personal affidavit as per the prescribed form in the guidelines document.