1. It was the first time that Chess Olympiad was held in India.
2. The official mascot was named Thambi’.
3. The trophy for the winning team in the open section is the Vera Menchik Cup.
4. The trophy for the winning team in the women’s section is the Hamilton-Russell Cup.
How many of the statements given above are correct?
(a) Only one
(b) Only two
(c) Only three
(d) All four
The correct answer is (b). Only two statements are correct.
- The 44th Chess Olympiad was held in Chennai, India from 28 July to 10 August 2022. It was the first time that the Chess Olympiad was held in India.
- The official mascot of the 44th Chess Olympiad was named Thambi. Thambi is a Tamil word meaning “younger brother”.
- The winning team in the women’s section will receive the “Vera Menchik Cup”
- The winning team in the open section will receive the “Hamilton-Russell Cup”
Inputs from Current Affairs Notes >> Newsbits >> July 2022