1. The G-20 group was originally established as a platform for the Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to discuss the international economic and financial issues.
2. Digital public infrastructure is one of India’s G-20 priorities.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
The correct answer is (c), both 1 and 2.
- The G20 was established in 1999 as a forum for finance ministers and central bank governors to discuss international economic and financial issues. The G20’s membership includes 19 countries and the European Union.
- India assumed the G20 presidency on December 1, 2022. India’s G20 priorities include:
- Digital public infrastructure
- Sustainable energy transitions
- Global health architecture
- Digital transformations
- Sustainable food systems
- Inclusive growth
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- International financial architecture
- Terrorism and transnational crime
- Migration and refugees
Inputs from IAS EXPRESS Current Affairs Notes