The emergence of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, also known as the Digital Revolution, has initiated e-Governance as an integral part of the government in several ways:
- Improved efficiency and transparency:
- E-Governance allows for the automation of many government processes, which can improve efficiency and reduce the burden of paperwork on both government employees and citizens.
- It also allows for greater transparency, as information about government policies and actions can be easily accessed and tracked online.
- Enhanced access to government services:
- E-Governance makes it easier for citizens to access government services, as they can be accessed online from anywhere at any time.
- This is especially beneficial for marginalized and vulnerable populations who may have difficulty accessing government services in person.
- Greater participation in the democratic process:
- E-Governance allows for greater participation in the democratic process, as citizens can access information about elections and candidates, as well as participate in online consultations and decision-making processes.
- Increased accountability:
- E-Governance can increase accountability, as it allows for the tracking and monitoring of government actions and the performance of government officials.
Overall, the emergence of the Digital Revolution has initiated e-Governance as an integral part of the government, bringing about significant improvements in efficiency, transparency, access to government services, participation in the democratic process, and accountability.