a) Identify the different options available to Sunil in attending this situation
b) Critically evaluate each of the options listed by you.
c) Which of the above, do you think, would be most appropriate for Sunil to adopt and why?
(Answer in 250 words)
a) Some options available to Sunil in this situation are:
- Ignore the threats and continue with his work: Sunil can choose to ignore the threats and continue with his efforts to curb illegal sand mining.
- Seek help from the police: Sunil can report the threats to the police and seek protection.
- Seek assistance from his superiors: Sunil can inform his superiors about the threats and request assistance.
- Transfer to another location: Sunil can request a transfer to another location, away from the tribal-dominated district.
b) Each of the above options has its own pros and cons.
- Ignoring the threats may show Sunil’s bravery and dedication, but it may also be dangerous and irresponsible.
- Seeking help from the police may provide some security, but it may also create additional risks and complications.
- Seeking assistance from his superiors may provide some support, but it may also be seen as a sign of weakness and may undermine his credibility. copyright©iasexpress.net
- Transferring to another location may provide some relief, but it may also be seen as a defeat, and may discourage other officers from taking similar action.
c) Considering the risks and benefits of each option, the most appropriate option for Sunil to adopt may be to seek help from the police and inform his superiors about the threats. This option may provide some security and support, while also preserving Sunil’s credibility and autonomy. It may also send a message to the mafia that Sunil is not alone, and that the authorities are aware of their actions.