Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM)
Introduction: Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan is a government scheme that provides an assured monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 to unorganized workers after they attain 60 years of age.
Ministry/Agency: Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Eligibility: For unorganized workers between the age of 18 to 40 years with a monthly income of up to Rs. 15,000.
- Assured pension of Rs. 3,000 per month after the age of 60 years.
- If the beneficiary dies before 60 years of age, the spouse will receive 50% of the pension amount.
- Fixed pension amount gets deposited every month in the beneficiary’s pension account.
- If the beneficiary exits the scheme within ten years, the share of contribution with savings bank interest rate will be returned.
- If the beneficiary exits after ten years or more but before the age of 60 years, the share of contribution along with accumulated interest will be returned.
- If a beneficiary dies due to any cause, the spouse can continue the scheme or exit with the beneficiary’s contribution with interest.
- If a beneficiary becomes permanently disabled before 60 years, the spouse can continue the scheme or exit with the beneficiary’s contribution with interest.
- After the death of the subscriber and their spouse, the entire corpus will be credited back to the fund.
- Monthly contributions ranging from Rs. 55 to Rs. 200 per month till they attain the age of 60.
- Default: A subscriber who has not paid the contribution continuously can regularize the contribution by paying outstanding dues and penalty charges.
- Pension payout by DBT after attaining the age of 60.
- Grievance redressal through customer care number and web portal/app.
- Clarification provided by Joint Secretary & Director General (Labour Welfare) will be final.
Exclusions: Income tax payer, member/beneficiary for ESIC and EPFO.