Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- To provide training to marginalized groups (OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, SCs, Safai Karamcharis)
- To uplift economic status through skill training and employment/self-employment
- To skill around 2.71 lakh persons over 5 years (2021-2026)
- Free training with 100% grants by the government
- Stipend for trainees with 80% and above attendance
- Wage compensation for reskilling/upskilling trainees with 80% and above attendance
- Certification and placement after successful completion of training and assessment
- Types of skilling programs: Up-skilling/Re-skilling, Short-term training (focus on wage/self-employment), Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP), Long-term training
- Candidates in the age group of 18-45 years belonging to SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, TG community, Safai Karamcharis (including waste pickers) and their dependents.
- Training programs will be conducted by various organizations including RSETIs, NIESBUD, IIE, and others
- Sessions on Business Opportunity Guidance, Market Survey, Working Capital and its Management, Business Plan Preparation etc.
- Training will be as per NSQF, NCVT, AICTE, MSME etc. in areas such as production technology, plastic processing, apparel technology, the healthcare sector, etc.