Introduction: A welfare scheme by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to provide ex-gratia relief to journalists and their families in extreme hardship.
- Up to ₹5,00,000 financial assistance for the family in case of a journalist’s death.
- Up to ₹5,00,000 financial assistance for the journalist in case of permanent disability.
- Up to ₹3,00,000 financial assistance towards major ailment treatment.
- Up to ₹2,00,000 financial assistance for accidents causing serious injuries necessitating hospitalization.
- Financial assistance not available for non-accredited journalists above the age of 65.
- Age parameter may be relaxed by the committee based on circumstances/merit.
- Quantum of assistance for non-accredited journalists limited to ₹1,00,000 for certain cases.
- Must be an Indian citizen and ordinarily residing in India.
- Must be a serving or retired journalist.
- Must be accredited to PIB or have worked as a journalist for a minimum of five continuous years.