Impartiality and non-partisanship are generally considered to be indispensable qualities for a successful civil servant, as they are essential for maintaining the integrity and credibility of the civil service.
There are several reasons why impartiality and non-partisanship are important for a successful civil servant. These include:
- Maintains credibility and integrity
- Protects the rule of law
- Promotes public trust
- Ensures fair and effective service delivery
Examples of how impartiality and non-partisanship can be demonstrated in the civil service
- Making objective and unbiased decisions
- Upholding laws and regulations without favoritism or discrimination
- Serving the public interest without being swayed by personal or political agendas
Overall, impartiality and non-partisanship are essential qualities for a successful civil servant, as they help to maintain the credibility, integrity, and effectiveness of the civil service, and to protect the rule of law and promote public trust.