a) The ethical issues involved in the case include:
- Bribery and corruption: Subhash Verma is offering to hand over the tender documents to Sterling Electric Ltd. in exchange for employment, which could be considered a form of bribery.
- Confidentiality: Subhash Verma has obtained the tender documents belonging to his own company, Unique Electronics Ltd., and is offering them to a rival company. This could be considered a breach of confidentiality.
- Loyalty: Subhash Verma’s actions could be seen as a lack of loyalty to his current employer, Unique Electronics Ltd.
- Fair competition: Subhash Verma’s offer could give Sterling Electric Ltd. an unfair advantage in the bidding process, which could be considered unfair competition.
b) The options available to Prabhat in this situation include:
- Accept the offer: Prabhat could choose to accept the offer and use the tender documents to secure the contract for Sterling Electric Ltd. This would likely solve his financial and job security issues, but it would also involve participating in unethical behavior.
- Decline the offer: Prabhat could choose to decline the offer and not use the tender documents. This would be the ethical course of action, but it could also potentially result in the loss of the contract and potentially negative consequences for his job and financial situation. copyright©iasexpress.net
- Report the offer: Prabhat could choose to report the offer to his superiors or the authorities. This would be the ethical course of action, but it could also potentially result in negative consequences for his job and financial situation, as well as potentially damaging the reputation of the company.
c) The most appropriate option for Prabhat would be to decline the offer and not use the tender documents. This would be the ethical course of action and would avoid participation in any unethical behavior. It may also be the best option for Prabhat’s long-term career prospects, as engaging in unethical behavior could have negative consequences for his reputation and future employment opportunities.