- Labour Bureau of India was established in 1946 under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Its main objective is to collect, compile, analyze and disseminate statistical information related to labour and employment.
- It conducts regular surveys on employment and industrial disputes, wages, working conditions, etc.
- It also provides advice to the Government on labour and employment related policy issues.
- It is responsible for the publication of the Annual Report on the Condition of Workers in India.
- It provides technical assistance to the various State Governments for the implementation of labour laws.
- It has conducted several studies on the impact of economic reforms on the labour market.
- It also organizes training programmes, seminars and workshops.
- It has developed several software tools to facilitate the data analysis and dissemination of labour market information.
No posts found.