Which of the above have borders with Afghanistan?
(a) 1, 2 and 5 only
(b) 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
(c) 3, 4 and 5 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The countries that share borders with Afghanistan among the given options are:
- Tajikistan: The Afghanistan–Tajikistan border is 1,357 km (843 mi) in length and runs from the tripoint with Uzbekistan in the west to the tripoint with China in the east, almost entirely along the Amu Darya, Pyanj, and Pamir rivers, except for the easternmost section along the Wakhan Corridor.
- Turkmenistan: The Afghanistan–Turkmenistan border is 804 km (500 mi) in length and runs from the tripoint with Iran to the tripoint with Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan: Afghanistan shares a border with Uzbekistan, as mentioned in the context of the Afghanistan-Tajikistan border.
Therefore, the correct answer is (c) 3, 4, and 5 only.
- Azerbaijan: Azerbaijan does not share a border with Afghanistan. It has international land borders with 5 states: Russia to the north, Georgia to the northwest, Iran to the south, Turkey to the west (via the Azerbaijani exclave of Nakhchivan to the northwest), and Armenia to the west and via the Azerbaijani exclave of Nakhchivan to the north and east.
- Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyzstan does not share a border with Afghanistan. It shares a border with Tajikistan, which is 984 kilometers (611 mi) long and runs from the tripoint with Uzbekistan to the tripoint with China. copyright©iasexpress.net