Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF): Objectives, Functions
From Prelims Sureshots » Government Bodies & Agencies
- Established in 1939
- It is under CRPF Act of 1949.
- Under Department of Internal Security (Ministry of Home Affairs).
- India’s largest Central Armed Police Force. Composed of Central Reserve Police Force (Regular) and Central Reserve Police Force (Auxiliary).
- enable the government to maintain Rule of Law, Public Order and Internal Security
- management of internal security and national calamities
- assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and counter-insurgency.
- large role in India’s general elections.
- CRPF contingents are also being deployed in UN missions.